Sunday, October 30, 2011

Memo Board

Hi everybody. I hope you are all having a great weekend. I wanted to share a quick post about a memo board that happened by accident. It was initially supposed to be wall art for my daughter Natalie. I intended to put her name in vinyl letters on this canvas mod podged with gift wrap paper. Except that the paper was too thin and it came out very bumpy so I could not put the vinyl letters on smoothly. It sat for awhile and then I came up with this.


and here it is in her room.

So I finally decided to make a memo board. I hot glued ribbon ($1.99) across it and around the sides.


 The fleur de lis in the right corner was made by my friend Nicole (she is very crafty). I hot glued that also. I needed something to put on the spots where the ribbons crossed so I went to Michael's and I looked all over the place for just the right thing. I couldn't find anything in the scrapbook section, jewlery section or the wedding section. Just as I was about to give up i found these little pearl brads ($2.99). 

So I pulled off the clasps and glued them where the ribbons crossed. I had 4 left over so I glued them to flat gold thumbtacks and they fit perfectly. 
I also had a piece of scrap cork so I hot glued that to the back of one side of the canvas. 

I think it came out pretty cute. The wrinkles in the paper don't really show in person. 
Here it is again. 

I know I bought the canvas on sale at Michael's but I am not sure how much I spent. Maybe $5 dollars. I think it was buy one get one free. Anyway this is another project that cost less than $10. I hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

I'm linking up with:






Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really love everything you've done so far! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm a new follower and can't wait to see what you've got!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!