Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tray turned bedside table

This is a little night table I put together for my daughter Natalie. She has a daybed so I needed something small that is easy to move, when she has company and needs to pull out the trundle bed. I had this little black stool that I spray painted white. I found the tray for $2.00 at the thrift store. It was a hunter green color and had a halloween picture painted on the surface of the tray. So I sprayed that white also. Unfortunately, I don't have a before picture. But of course all that white was too plain, so I added some stenciling.

Here is the after.




 I found the stencil at home depot. It was one sheet that had 3 different patterns on it. I used regular acrylic paint from Michael's.

Here it is in her room.



Much better than white don't you think? I did not attach the tray to the seat in case I want to use them separately some day.
Total spent here was under $10. 


I'm linking up with:


Saved by Suzy
The Shabby Nest

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea~Stopping by from Shabby Nest- I host a decorating party at my blog on the weekends if you would like to come share sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, thrifty makeover. I love stencils and that one looks so pretty in your daughter's room.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!