Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Painted Shelf

Don't you love how creative my post titles are? (Not) Sorry I don't have any clever titles, at this point I am just calling them what they are. This makeover starts the same as all of my other makeovers do. This is a shelf I have had for a long time. This was given to me by my friend Johanna and I thought it was cute, but was not loving the color. I FINALLY decided what to do with it and just finished it! This will most likely go in my older daughter's room (if she wants it).


a little closer look

Drawers lined with scrapbook paper.

Okay now the before. 



The only thing I bought for this project was the knobs. They were $4.99 each. 
Total spent $10.00.
As you can see this is pretty much a mini version of the dresser  I did for my older daughters room. I wanted to hand paint the swirl things on the front of the drawers, but I lost my nerve and used stencils instead! I did hand paint over them to make them somewhat natural looking. 
I am putting home decor buying on hold as I had a few unexpected repair expenses around the house.
So stay tuned for more makeovers, revamps, transformations and re-dos!
I will also be sharing more crochet projects since I am crocheting a few gifts. 

Thanks for stopping by!




Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy



Saved by Suzy
HookingupwithHoH

7 comments:

  1. How pretty Amy! I love the knobs too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little shelf! It turned out great! I'm a new follower! Please check out bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I love to see the before and after pictures to see how the piece transforms! I am visiting from Debbie Doos. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a huge difference! It was really not pretty before but now it has that certain something. Good job!

    Found you via ink party. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, what a lovely transformation; it's hard to imagine it's the same shelf, plus you did an excellent job with the stenciling. I'm a new follower, please drop by for a visit when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that turned out adorably! i love the added details- they make a huge impact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy, this shelf is adorable. You did a fabulous job with it. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!