Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chippy Mirror

Okay maybe it's not that chippy, but I am new to chippy so it's a very conservative chippy. I usually like to make old things look new so it goes against my natural instincts to MAKE something look old! Anyway I do love the way it looks on all the blogs I read so I wanted to give it a try. What do you think?



Top Edge
Bottom Edge

side close up

These pictures do not do it justice. I will have to do another in better light, but I was anxious to post this. 

Here is the before:


I have had this mirror for years (at least 15). I was ready to give it a little update.
So I bought Martha Stewart's White Texture and Stencils.
I painted it with one coat of Behr's Swiss Coffee (because that's what I had already). 
Then I applied the texture. After that dried for 4 hours I painted a second coat of paint.
After that dried I sanded it in a few places and then I applied Miniwax wood stain and then some Minwax finishing paste.

Here they are again:





I am liking the look so much I may distress it a little more!

Amy

I'm linking up with:














5 comments:

  1. Go for it distress it some more. I love the design of the mirror. Thanks for stopping by In His Grip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely mirror. It's amazing what a little paint and a few details can do to make a piece look pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! Welcome to blogging. Happy you found my newbie party. Love your mirror. See you later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the transformation, the textured stencil details really took it from drab to fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woderful job,you took it from blah to "BLAM"!!! thanks,Deidre~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!