Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crochet pillow with flowers

Hello Everybody,

I am working on a couple of big projects that I hope to finish this weekend and post on Monday. In the meantime I wanted to post a small project I finished. I have a lot of leftover yarn that was given to me so I have been trying to find ways to use it all. Here is what I did with some pink yarn I had.


It's cute huh? 
My youngest daughter has a daybed and she needs throw pillows. I pulled the stuffing out of old throw pillow and used an old pillow case to make a small throw pillow out of it. I had crocheted this pink mini blanket that turned out to be the perfect size to cover this pillow. I folded it in half and slip stitched the sides around the pillow. Then I made the little flowers for embellishment. 
These little flowers are very easy to make and you can find a tutorial on you tube. Here is a link if you would like to make some. 

To make the small flower go HERE.
For the larger flower go HERE

I love the way the flowers look and you could do so many things with them, like make them into magnets, or glue them onto push pins, add them to hats, purses, picture frames, little girls t-shirts or dresses, glue them to little girls shoes or onto flip flops. I could go on and on. 

Here is another picture.



Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

I'm linking up with 

Lovely Crafty Home

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special





Mondays @ All Things Fee!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Amy

    I just love the crochet pillow. It's lovely. Thank you for stopping by www.homesweetbutterfly.com today. I really appreciate it. I am a new follower.

    Have a great weekend.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pillow, amy! i've tried and tried to crochet--just can't do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable pillow. thanks for sharing Amy with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. I love your gorgeous crochet cushion
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, your crochet pillow with flowers is really cute!
    thanks for sharing at catch as catch can
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are beautiful! I knit and have one crochet hook that I use to pick up dropped stitches. I really need to learn how to crochet so that I can make some of those pretty flowers. They look terrific on the pillow! Thanks for sharing.

    I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays Party and would love for you to drop by and share something you made / did / bought sometime Before Blogging. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dear friend.
    I like this pillow very much. I found your blog at this moment and I like your nice blog now I added your blog to my list that Your all works are very beautiful. Best best wishes..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!