Sunday, November 13, 2011

Drawer Knob Repurposed

Hello Everybody!

I have been very busy this weekend working on several projects at once and here is another small one that I want to show you. First I will start with my inspiration because I am not sure what to call these but I found it in a local store that sells handmade home decor items and I loved it. It was only $4.99 so I loved it even more. 


I hung a mirror on it and love the look. 
I thought about buying more of them, but just hadn't. Since I have been repainting furniture and changing drawer pulls I have an abundance of those round wooden drawer pulls. Seven of them to be exact. I started thinking of ways I could use them or make them more interesting. Here is what I came up with. 


Not exactly the same but I like them.
This is where I put the other one. 


Now I have been thinking of all kinds of things I could do with the other pulls. 
This is how I made these:
First my supplies.


I sanded the front of the pulls and then glued the flowers to the front.
I almost left them like this, but I wanted them to match the one I had. 
Then I glued a screw to the back of each one. I used super glue. The gorilla glue expands as it dries and it didn't seem like it was going to hold like I wanted it to. 
Then I spray painted them, glazed them and distressed them. 

I spent $3.99 for the flowers at Michael's.

Not too bad right?

Amy 
















Mondays @ All Things Fee!








12 comments:

  1. Neat idea! I have alot of these in a drawer some where:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! What a creative use for those! Very pretty! I am now your newest follower via Debbiedoo's newbie party. I hope you will follow me, too! Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them, what a creative idea. I also have some plain brown wooden drawer pulls I was just going to paint white, but not after I saw yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Nice touches you made! I saw your link at Debbidoos link party and I thought I'd say hi :) I am now a follower. Hope you could visit me sometime!

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. Love all the creative ideas everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love the way pictures look hung on ribbon, and your drawer pull idea is such an easy one to adapt. Love the antique white finish! Thanks for sharing.

    I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays Party and would love for you to drop by and share something you made / did / bought sometime Before Blogging. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this idea!!!! I had sticker shock the other day when I went knob shopping and wish I had seen this before I splurged on glass knobs!!!!

    http://milkmainfurnitureremodeling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect:) I am seriously loving your post! It is so informative and I think my subscribers would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable (http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-2.html). I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday!

    Warmly,
    Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
    Here's the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you made it last Wednesday:) Thank you so very much for linking up to Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways:) It is my sincere hope that you will continue to make Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways a part of your Wednesdays! Keep the great posts comin':)
    Blessings,
    Andrea
    www.frugallysustainable.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!