Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crochet Cowl



Here is another quick crochet project I finished. I made this to give as a gift and it was so fast and easy. This project takes 1 skein of yarn and if you use a bulky yarn use a P hook.  Here it is.


Pin It
Here is another shot.

The best part was choosing the buttons. I never knew there was such a large variety of buttons out there! It was like choosing jewelry.

Here is another I did in red, using an N hook. You can tell the stitch is a little tighter. I also chained 60 instead of 50 to make up for the smaller stitch.
The buttons are kind of a shimmery beige. 

and one more.


Pin It

For the pattern I used go HERE.

I am off to do some last minute shopping!

Amy

I'm linking up to:Addicted 2 Decorating






Lovely Crafty Home
{nifty button}






Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy



The DIY Show Off
button


HookingupwithHoH


and then, she {snapped}

15 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the color too. Thanks for linking up to my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Cowl. May have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I love this! So glad I found your blog! My 2 younger sister would love one of these as a gift. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice!

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cowl! Thank you for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely cowl.
    I am following you.
    xoxo,
    Hanni

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out so nice!! I would love for you to share this at my "Best of 2011" link party, along with any other posts you are most proud of from this year, at www.petalstopicots.com.
    ~Kara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo! Very nice! I love the first one. I've never actually done crochet myself but I'm so interested in starting at some point. Got to work through the mass of crafts I'm already doing but eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I don't think I have ever used hooks that big! These are very cute and I'll bet they take no time at all to do.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I just learned (barely) to knit ... I want to do a cowl... but mine won't have buttons ... I love the color of this too! I will have to try this in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed your choice of buttons - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the way your cowls turned out! They are all so pretty. You are so right about the buttons.:) I would love it if you would link up our new party going on now. Thanks.
    http://kadie-sevenalive.blogspot.com/2012/01/link-it-up-thursday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice - I love chunky yarn - it's my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, just wanted you to know that I loved this so much we featured it on Link It Up Thursday party. Head on over if you want to grab a featured button. :)

    http://thesepeastastefunny.blogspot.com/2012/01/link-it-up-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!