Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pink Petals Baby Afghan

I have another crochet project that I have to say is one of my favorite baby gifts. I made this for the first time about 13 years ago when I was a beginner and it came out great back then. I used lilac and unfortunately I do not have a picture as it was given as a baby gift. I decided to make another to give to another special baby girl. I was not disappointed, it came out even better than I remembered.


Pin It
It is much prettier in person, I promise. This can be finished in less than a week. One day if you really wanted to devote a few hours to it. I have this pattern in a book but I found online for free so if you would like to try it go to All Free Crochet.  The one in their picture looks thicker because they used a more bulky yarn and I didn't follow their border exactly. That is the great thing about crochet, you can change the pattern when you feel more comfortable.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amy
{nifty button}



Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy


The DIY Show Off
button

Seven Alive

6 comments:

  1. Dear Amy, This blanket is a wonderful gift for a baby girl. And also thank you for sharing all free crochet site. I became a member of the site to learn some different patterns. Really thank you. Best wishes. Mery christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Amy! I so need to get schooled in crocheting so I can make one too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! it must took a lot of time to finish a blanket.

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty. Great job! I LOVE crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful!! I love the pattern. It's so pretty and super delicate looking. Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure the mom just loved this gift and it will be treasured in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blanket! I cannot believe that it takes as little time as you say, it must be easy.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!