Thursday, January 12, 2012

Coffee Table Makeover

Hello Everyone! I told you I wouldn't be crocheting forever. I finally got back to work on home stuff and I decided to tackle a coffee table I have had for a long time. It was left behind by a roomate probably about six or seven years ago and I kept it because it was real wood and usable. I never liked it though. I didn't like the color of wood and I didn't like how straight all the edges were. I like curvy legs and lines on furniture.

Anyway I made due with it because I was saving to buy a house and it was not a necessity. Well I went back and forth with myself to get rid of it or make it into a tufted ottoman. Since I had the stain (walnut) and paint (Behr Indulgent Mocha) I decided to use what I have instead of buying additional supplies or another cofee table. Here is the result.


I am actually pretty happy with it. I never thought I could like this cofee table and now, I'm loving it!



And a sneak peak at my living room, I need to paint so pretend there is color on these white walls!


It's coming along though. I will show before and after pictures when I have the walls painted and something above the small couch. Okay ready for the before?

The top was kinda bad but not hopeless.


Here's the after again.


Oh yeah and I still need to find 3 baskets that will fit underneath for storage. Baskets are kind of expensive, but it's not complete without it so I will have to find some. Any suggestions on where to find some online or otherwise? I'm thinking dark with the canvas type lining. 

UPDATE:
I found my baskets at Michaels (craft store). They were on sale for 40% off so I got a decent deal at around $13 each. They only had 2 so I bought those and figured I would go back another time to see if they had more but when I got them home I realized if I positioned them the other way 2 fit perfectly. Now I have a great place for magazines.

What do you think? Much better huh?
This weekend I hope to finish a big project in my bedroom. Hopefully if it goes well I will post it Sunday.
Thanks so much for stopping and seeing what I have been up to!

Amy
I'm linking up to:


Photobucket {nifty button}
five days five ways | feature friday free for all
Mod Vintage Life
Domestically Speaking


HookingupwithHoH
Saved by Suzy

18 comments:

  1. Such a great choice, the table is super cute! Try Hobby Lobby online for your baskets, they even offer a 40% off coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dark stained top and white underside :)


    Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed's Linky Party- thanks for sharing :D
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois at WHYCUZICAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like curvy lines on my furniture too, but this table turned out so cute! And with baskets underneath it will be perfect! I love the color of the stain you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Amy! I always love the combination of a dark stain with white paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just recently redid my coffee table also. Loving it. I love the style and the way you finished off yours. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table looks great! I have plans to do the exact same thing to our "well-loved" coffee table - cream paint on the bottom, wood stain on the top. Love the combo and it's warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your coffee table is so cute! great job! I love the white and dark! It's all over my house!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great, Amy! I love the stain and white and those baskets make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving it too! You did a great job!

    I'd love for you to join my weekly Show & Tell party. It kicks off on Wednesdays at mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. just became a follower via google friend connect...see ya wed at my show and tell link party!

    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing transformation! Love it. Here from Between Naps on the Front Porch. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the simple lines of your coffee table - it is actually my preferred style. I really like the baskets you found, but could also see neat stacks of magazines or books in two or three piles on the lower shelf looking good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute table. Extra storage underneath would look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right, it looks great with the baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy! I like the look of your coffee table! The emporers silk is annie sloans chalk paint! And yes it was the red colored one!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!