Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lampshade Stencil

Hi everyone!

I am not painting my front door like I wanted to. It's really windy today! I don't feel like worrying about dust flying into my wet paint and I was hoping to paint it on the hinges. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for painting.

In the meantime I finished a quick little project. I have been looking at this lampshade for so long and realizing it was so blah. It needed  a little something. I found a stencil that I really like and went with that. Here is how it turned it out.





Here is the before:



Much better don't you think?

Amy
Linking to:

Type A Decorating




Mod Vintage Life {nifty button}
    Mrs. Hines
DomesticallySpeaking
Lovely Crafty Home

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I refashioned a lamp shade using an old sweater, it turned out really cute- but I'm addicted to the cable knit sweater look! I'm hosting a linky party, the theme is all time favorite post- would love it if you joined in!
    -Melissa
    www.SerendipityandSpice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have an old lampshade that could use some stenciling... might have to try this!

    Found your link at the Serendipity and Spice party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those window shades. Very cool! I found you on Show and Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the change! It really adds interest and pattern to the area. Thanks for sharing at Show & Tell.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!