Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Living Room Before and After

Hi Everyone, Sorry for the long absence. We went out of town to visit my best friend and her family this past weekend so I was not able to post anything. I have also been busy learning how to knit and am working on a project for oldest daughter, so that project will be posted soon (hopefully). I pulled it apart and started over several times. I am a crocheter so am having a hard time switching my hands and brain to use knitting needles instead of a crochet hook, but I think I finally have it down.

Anyway I thought I would share some before and after pictures of my living room. Some of these have been shown in previous posts, but not all at once. So here we go a tour of the before and afters of my living room. It's not done at all, but it is a work in progress.

First up the wall near the door.


This is how it looked before we moved in. It had double doors that opened into the next room. This room also had another single door to enter so we closed this wall off completely.

 Now this is where the t.v. and my dresser makeover sit.

To the right of that is the front door then a wall with a window.
Before:


After:

Now for the wall to the right of the door or left if you are walking through it.
Here is the before, (these are the listing pictures).


And now:

This is after I put up woven blinds and made my drop cloth curtains.
My dad changed the baseboards for me. I still need to paint them.

I also painted the desk. And the mirror. Oh and I recently stenciled the lampshade.You can click on the link to see how it turned out.

Now for the wall to the right of that wall which is what you see when you walk in the door.
This is what is looked like before we moved in:


And now:


This is after my coffee table makeover.



As you can see I am still trying to decide what to put above the smaller couch. I'm thinking about
doing a gallery wall. For now I have all my pictures on this bookshelf which I am not crazy about but it was free so I have put it to use. 
The door next to the bookshelf leads into a hallway and bedrooms. Painting the door is on the to do list.

I painted these candle pillars if you want to see the before you can go here.

This bookshelf has scrapbook paper modpodged along the back of it. I did this before blogging and although it improved the bookshelf I am still not a fan. I will probably paint it if I decide to keep it. 

I also need to paint this room and change my throw pillows I have some pillow ideas pinned on Pinterest, so at some point I hope to make my own.  I think I may also stencil my drop cloth curtains.

Color Palette for living room

This is the color palette I am working with in this room. I found it on colourlovers.

That is my progress so far. Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

I'm linking to:

Type A Decorating

Mrs. Hines



Scroll to Top

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Photobucket
French Country Cottage
Feathered Nest Friday







Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

6 comments:

  1. Everything is looking so homey and pretty! I think a photo wall would be charming..Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The living room is really coming together....looking like a cozy, comfortable home! I know our friends at Show & Tell are going to love it. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely~ would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday at my blog sometime- going on all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great & I love that color palette. :)
    http://www.miss-maggiesplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! Hope to see you again at this weeks party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it very much, it looks realy great.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!