Friday, February 10, 2012

Linky Follower Party Blog Hop

Hi Everyone!

I am sure you have all heard that Google Friends Connect is being discontinued on February 29th. Fortunately there is a great alternative, Linky Followers. I just signed up and added it to my blog, if you are following through Google Friend Connect please follow through Linky Followers so that when Google Friend Connect ends you won't have to try to track me down. Also a quick note about my blog name and blog address. The name is California Dreaming, but when I tried to get it as a blogspot it was already taken, so I went with California Home Dreaming. I need to add it into my title but I prefer California Dreaming so I haven't figured out how to incorporate the "home" into my blog name without it really being the name. Am I making any sense here?

A little back ground about why I chose California Dreaming as my blog name. The first reason is obvious, because I am located in California and I wanted that to be obvious when reading my blog. I read so many blogs and sometimes while reading I think I wonder what state she is in. Then I go reading their profile to find out. My second reason is because I have always dreamed of buying a home and of course I wanted it to be here in California since that is where I grew up. Not saying it is the best place on earth, but I like it because it's where I am from, as I am sure most of you feel the same about where you live. The dreaming is also very important because as a single mom of 2 I have been dreaming of buying a home for me and my daughters since 2006. I know when because I read a book by David Bach, actually several books, titled The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner, Start Late Finish Rich, and Smart Women Finish Rich.  After reading that first book I decided to work to pay off my debt, improve my credit score, and save more money. By 2009 I was ready to start looking and even though I had great credit and some money saved I did not make enough money to get a loan. The prices here in California are outrageous so I searched for the lowest priced house that was not a complete mess and that took 2 years! I finally bought my little house in September of 2011 which was literally a dream come true for our family. So the name California home Dreaming.
That long story was basically to help you find me if you are trying to google my blog name. But there is a much easier way to find me and that is to follow me through Linky Followers. I have added a button on my sidebar right under Google Friend Connect.

Ok, so on to the real reason for this post This is a Linky Followers Blog Hop,  you can  check out all these  great blogs and follow as many as you want. If you have a blog be sure to link up.


RULES:

1. you MUST have the LINKY FOLLOWERS tool on your site to participate.

{You can have both the LINKY FOLLOWERS & GFC on your site but you must have the LINKY FOLLOWERS to participate in this party hop.}

2. You MUST follow the person who has the party on their site as a thank you.

3.Just add your blog button to the LINKY PARTY below.

4.Then grab the BLOG HOP code

You will find the code right under the Linky Party where it says CLICK HERE TO ENTER
just under that it says: WHAT IS A BLOG HOP? GET THE CODE HERE
Click on GET THE CODE HERE and enter it into a post on your site.
You can grab the party button code in the FOOTER at Its So Very Cheri
You can grab info from my post if it helps you with your post.

5. Then you follow other bloggers–(as many as you want)
–leave each one of the blogs that you follow a comment letting them know you are following them and ask them to follow you back.

If you want to add the BLOG HOP to your own site you will get lots of new followers(see rule #2)


Thanks Cheri for hosting this blog hop and allowing us to join in!

13 comments:

  1. I love your blog, and I'm a new Linky follower. Stop by and follow too so we can stay connected. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from the Linky Party Hop. I hope you will visit www.laughterandgrace.com and follow back.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now following you on Linky Followers.I would love to have you follow me back. I always enjoy meeting new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to find your blog through the Linky blog hop. I'm now a follower on Linky. Hope you can come check out my site, http://www.eccentricleopard.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over to say Hi--following the new Linky Follow tool. I hope you will come by www.ItsSoVeryCheri.com and follow me as well.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I cannot believe how many blogs there are on this blog hop. I don't think there is enough room for me! lol! I would actually like the title of your blog being California Home Dreaming, by the way, I think that would be a good one :)

    I'm a new linky follower of your blog :)

    I'm really glad I came over to your blog on a day that you gave a little overview about your history and what your blog is about. That was super helpful!

    Congrats on getting your house. I know what you're saying about having good credit and money saved, and still not getting a loan. That is the position Kyle and I are in right now, but oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait!

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the knitted wristers! I stopped by to follow you on the Linky Party Hop. I hope that you get a chance to do the same! :-)

    http://robinsnestquilting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you via the Linky hop and have become your newest Linky follower. Look forward to reading your future posts. Hope you have a chance to visit and perhaps follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! I might have some tips you like. Congrats for being a homeowner!! New linky follower! Not Your Ordinary Agent
    Not Your Ordinary Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the Linky Follower Party Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy!
    I'm visiting from the blog hop~ I'm a new follower & feel free to drop on over & follow if you like! ;)

    -urbanejane.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog! So nice to be able to follow you on the new Linky tool. Stop by and follow back so we can stay connected. Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting but I missed it this time. I'm new follower on Linky. I'd love if you follow me back :D

    Thanks
    Witha @ http://withapinkie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!