Friday, February 24, 2012

My Bedroom Before Pictures

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share some pictures of my bedroom. This room has been the least worked on so far, and it looks very plain, but it still looks better than it started. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures when we first moved in. The room was a mint green with grey carpet. It wasn't terrible just not pretty.


Entrance to my bedroom.
Close up of my desk, I plan to paint this. Also a close up of the grey carpet and tiny baseboards.

After of the carpet and baseboards. Ahh, much better!


A big thanks to my dad for installing the carpet and baseboards. The color on the walls is Indulgent Mocha by Behr. I love this color its a great neutral taupe color. My boyfriend painted this room within the first week of moving in. I am sooo grateful for his help with all the painting, every room in the house was painted except for the kitchen and I couldn't have done it without him. 
Sorry this picture is kinda dark, but this is the rest of the wall that you see when you walk into the room.
The dresser will also be painted, and a flat screen t.v. will be added eventually. 


Here is the wall directly in front of that window. I plan to put something over the bed of course, but I have not decided yet. I am leaning toward a wall mural of a tree. If you check out my Pinterest board for "My Home", you will see what I mean. I am still trying to work up the nerve to go for it. 


This bedding is going to be changed also, I just recently found out my boyfriend doesn't like it, actually he hates it! I was surprised to hear this because I have had this bedding as long as I have known him. Five plus years! I want to add grey to the room so it may end up in the bedding. You can see my bathroom right behind the wall that the bed is against. It's a small master bathroom so there is not much to see there. I am grateful to finally have my own bathroom though so I am happy no matter the size. 

 My favorite thing in this room is the night stand. I have had this night stand for almost 20 years! I bought it in a thrift store and first used it as a t.v. stand and then I used it as a table next to the front door with a mirror over it and eventually as a night stand. It is really heavy wood and in pretty good condition for as old as it is. Another favorite of mine is the headboard. I love the oil rubbed bronze color and the old fashioned style.


And this is from the other side of the room. I like how Riley casually strolls into the room like she isn't trying to be in the picture.Mmhmm, I know better. Oh, so one of the things I like the least in the room are the closet doors. I am thinking about covering them in beadboard wallpaper, very similar to the Kristine's closet doors at The Painted Hive

So that is it, a tour of my bedroom. I have a lot of work to do! I will share my projects along the way. 

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great weekend!

Amy







2 comments:

  1. thanks for the tour!! have fun doing whatever you decide!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,
    I am happy to be your newest lf follower. I found your cute blog from the linky followers blog hop. If you'd like to follow back, you can reach me at http://www.measuredbytheheart.com
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!