Saturday, March 17, 2012

Burlap Wreath

Hello!

I finally have a home project to share! This is something that I have had pinned for a while now. There are a couple of variations I had in mind and found two great tutorial's for both. The tutorial I used is done by Janet at Today's Fabulous Finds. Here is mine.

Pin It

I stenciled my burlap before I cut my squares. The bow at the top is done the same as the rest just with 5x5 squares instead of 4x4, and I glue the tails of the bow on before I pinned in the larger bubble squares. Here it is from a distance. 


I love the addition to my front door. 

The second version which I tried to duplicate and failed was done by Amanda at My Heart's Desire. I bought my burlap at home depot, 50 x50 for $5.00, but I think it is more stiff than the burlap that is at a fabric store. My burlap didn't want to fold softly like Amanda's. Anyway I love both versions. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Amy
I'm Linking up to:

Photobucket







Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy

freckled laundry
Our Delightful Home
These Peas Taste Funny

Saved by Suzy
five days five ways  feature friday free for allPhotobucket
HookingupwithHoH
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
freckled laundry

24 comments:

  1. Hi, Amy

    I love what you did with your burlap. Its just lovely!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this wreath! You did such a great job =) Thank you for sharing! I"m a new follower and would love to have you come link up to Sunday Round Up! http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/03/sunday-round-up-1.html
    -Kayla =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, so glad you joined my newbie party. LOVE your wreath..I love wreaths. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you from Debbie Doo's Newbie Party ... I love what you did with the burlap ... and it looks pretty!!!!
    Hugs,
    Bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wreath! and it looks great on your front door. I have not made a wreath in so long and your burlap wreath looks like a fun project. Two thumbs up Amy you do an awsome job..
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I love it! I've had some burlap squares cut out for a week now, but can't decide which style I want to make. =/ Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous wreath! It looks so pretty on your front door!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great wreath! The burlap was so clever. It has grat texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been tagged a wonderful blogger! come to my page to figure out what it's all about :) http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/03/wonderful-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from Debbie Doos! Your project is amazingly creative! I love all the inspiration.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love burlap anything and your wreath is no exception.

    So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Visiting from Our Delightful Home. I am your newest follower!

    Dont be a stranger pagesfromhome.blogspot.com

    Adriane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up to The Sunday Round Up. This is a beautiful wreath! I'm following your wonderful blog.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wreath is beautiful, I love the way you stenciled it, looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm stopping by from Debbie-Doo's ...

    This project turned out great! Thanks so much for the inspiration ...

    :)

    Linda

    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE burlap!! I really like the stenciling on yours. Great wreath! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy!! I was recently awarded the Liebster Award and now I'm passing it along to you! Check out the details at www.livingoncypresshill.blogspot.com

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful work! Looks fantastic. Is there anything burlap can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work! Is there anything burlap can't do? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Amy!
    It's Amanda from My Heart's Desire! I saw a link from here today and am so glad I checked it out! Thanks for the mention, and I, too, love how your wreath turned out, especially the bow at the top!
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  21. very nice! i would love for you to link this post or any other posts you want up to my weekly link party called spread the love. it's a weekend wrap up party where you can share anything and everything you want! there is also a really awesome vinyl giveaway going on there right now too, so go check it out! http://www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/04/spread-love-5-decallove-giveaway.html
    have a wonderful weekend!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! I love burlap wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, so pretty! I love this, I want to make one for my bedroom now.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!