Friday, March 9, 2012

Crochet Diaper Cover

Hello!

Boy am I glad it's Friday! It's been a busy week at work and I am ready for the weekend. I am sorry about my lack of home projects lately. I have been dealing with back pain since we moved in September and recently it's gotten to the point where I can't take it anymore! I get to start physical therapy on Monday so I hope that will help. I have been trying to rest and stretch and massage and just about everything I can think of, so the home projects have been on the back burner. I have been crocheting though. The great thing about crocheting you can do it while resting. 

I have a co-worker that is having a baby girl in April and the colors in her nursery are pink and brown. I love those colors together. I knew immediately which yarn I wanted to use. It's by Loops & Threads and it's called Neopolitan. I found this on Pinterest and knew it would be perfect.


Pin It

Isn't it so cute? It took no time at all to make. Casey at The Braden's was nice enough to post this pattern for free. She has a lot of great knit and crochet projects there. Head over there for this pattern, the link above goes directly to the pattern. I might head back over and add a matching beanie to this set.
I wanted to give her a matching blanket so I crocheted one of my favorite baby blanket patterns. It's called Pink Petals Baby Afghan and I have crocheted it before in all pink. You can that one here Pink Petals Baby Afghan. I loved the pattern so much I wanted to use it again.
Here it is.

I did a shell stitch along the top.
The bottom I left as is.
The pattern is basically one row of double crochet and then the next row V-stitch.
For the actual pattern you can go to All Free Crochet.

 
Thanks for stopping by!

Amy 

I'm linking up to:

five days five ways  feature friday free for all
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

These Peas Taste Funny
button

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! This is very creative. I can't help but admire how efficiently you use your time even while recuperating from that back pain. :)

    Great job! :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is to cute. My girls would love something like that to use for there dolls. Thanks for sharing this. I'm a new follower and I have a new blog @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/. I would love it if you came by and followed me to. Thanks,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little diaper cover! You did a great job on it! Thanks for linking up to my party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable!! I love the yarn you chose. I can just picture a chubby little baby laying on the afghan with the diaper cover on,..... so sweet!! Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday. I am featuring you on my facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - so sweet. I may have to make some for future grandbabies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Wish I had grandchildren! Lucky mom to get such a sweet, pretty gift for her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I was just wondering the dimensions of the finished cover cause mine seems so small....I used smaller yarn worsted and so should I possibly go up a hook size I would rather it be a smidge big than too small???? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also wondering as to the finished dimensions. I want to use a thinner worsted weight (carons simply soft) but i am wondering if it will be too teeny. I dont really want to go up a hook size as I like to keep tighter stitches. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!