Friday, April 27, 2012

Cabled Baby Beanie

Hello Everyone!

I have been working on a few odds and ends around the house, but none that I  am ready to show you...yet.

In the meantime I thought I would post yet another knit project. I love knitted cables and being a new knitter I wanted a chance to practice it. I found a free pattern at Sweater Babe. She even gives a pattern for a doll beanie to match. I haven't been able to do that one yet, but I hope to. This beanie is for yet another friend that just had a baby girl. Two different co-workers in case you are keeping track of my knitting. I also have some requests for boy beanies so stay tuned for those. Anyway here is the finished beanie.


I am really happy with how it turned out. I am not crazy about the edge, but apparently I can change my cast on method to fix that. This yarn is by Caron and it is called Neopolitan.

I hope to do a cabled baby blanket soon as well. Debbie Bliss has a nice pattern in one of her books.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

I'm linking to:  Remodelaholics

five days five ways | feature friday free for all 
freckled laundryThe Shabby Nest

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Your baby hat turned out great! and I really love your sweet baby girl knitted sweater, its just adorable.I have been working on baby gifts too, for my niece. I will post them soon. I always enjoy seeing your needle work.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!