Sunday, May 13, 2012

DIY Chandelier

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!

I have been working on this a little at a time, and am so happy to have it finished. I re-did this chandelier for my daughter's room, but I don't have overhead electrical wiring in any of the bedrooms so I am not able to hang this chandelier yet. I wanted to share it anyway so I am going to show you the after first.





I think it will look great all lit up in her bedroom. She has a Paris theme going on with pink, cream and black.  Ready for the before?


I bought this for $25 at the Re-Store, which is a place where people donate household items to benefit Habitat for Humanity. 
I removed the outer glass piece, spray painted it Navajo white after spraying it with primer. I then drilled holes to attach acrylic bead garland to the chandelier. I used 2 packs from Michael's. Each pack is $12.99 but with a 40% off coupon they were $8.35 each. Total cost for this re-do was about $42. I already had the spray paint and primer so I did not include that in my total. Here is the after again. 


I can't wait to see it up in her room. I will reveal her room when I can get the electrical work done.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

I am linking up to:Not So Simple Housewife  Remodelaholic










Mod Vintage Life
DIY Show Off




{Primp}
Saved by Suzy
HookingupwithHoHThe Shabby Nest




Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. How pretty Amy. Love this chande. thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is one lucky gal! Fabulous job on transforming that chandelier into a real beauty!

    Happy to be a follower.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute chandelier! I just love the ReStore. Can't wait to see the full reveal. :-) Have a terrific week!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet chandy! It has come a long way! Found you from the Newbie Party and am a new follower - looking forward to seeing what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cute. I don't think I've seen one done with beads like that and I like it. On the lookout for one I can re-do for my craft room and I think I just found my "pattern". Sure looks a lot nicer than the before, lol. Came from DebbieDoo's newbie party and qualify as a newbie myself, I don't know how to link, gotta try.
    craftythriftydecoratingwifemom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is awesome! Been wanting to update a chandelier!!! i really looks amazing!!
    Found you at the newbie party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally wanna do a re-do of a chandelier. There's a Habitat for Humanity ReStore around the corner from me and they have tons of them. You have inspired me! I found you through Debbiedoo's Newbie Party. I'm a fellow newbie and your latest follower! Hope you'll stop by my place sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty, and quite a transformation from the before to the after--well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!
    You are so creative! Love your style!
    Meegan@whatmeeganmakes

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out great, Amy! It's amazing how different it looks without the glass shade and a little bling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome transformation ~ I love your chandelier! You did such a great job! I saw your share at Inspiration Friday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I just found you through a blog hop! Love the chandelier!!! I redid one I found of Kijiji (Craigslist for you in the U.S.)

    By the way, I'm your newest follower, yay! Would be so appreciative if you would reciprocate and follow back. Thanks a bunch!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a transformation! Looks so chic now :) Love the pretty white and the bead garland really dresses it up :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  14. huge transformation... not sure I would have seen that! Are you doing anything with the parts you removed? ;)

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. great job on the light! that was a huge transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!!! Great work :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I can't believe you made that, it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!