Monday, May 7, 2012

DIY Laundry Sign

Hello!

I have a quick project to share. I have seen so many great handmade signs and I wanted a sign above my laundry area that said "laundry", or something about laundry. So one day while out shopping yard sales I came across a piece of wood that was the perfect size for my sign. The best part is it was free! I think it was just pine but it was left out in the weather so it was that weird gray color that wood gets when it is left out. I stained it with walnut stain and penciled in my writing and then hand painted the letters. You can tell because they are not perfect. I'm okay with it though. Here it is.




The white letters were too white so I brushed on another coat of walnut stain and then let it dry. I then sanded it a bit and added a coat of wax. I really enjoyed making this sign! I have another one in mind that I hope to share soon. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Amy

I'm linking up to:






DIY Show Off Project Parade





http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/
Photobucket

These Peas Taste Funny
five days five ways  feature friday free for all

Mod Vintage Life
DIY Show Off



{Primp}
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Shabby Nest

10 comments:

  1. Such a cute sign! (I bet it looks great in your laundry room--especially with a 25 cent collection box! ). Look forward to seeing your next sign. (Newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aodrable sign...I think you should charge more LOL. thanks for sharing with newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign is very cute and must surely brighten up the chore of doing laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute sign! You did a really good job free-handing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Thanks for sharing this with us @ the Sunday Round Up.
    Hope you have a wonderful week,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your laundry room sign! I have been looking for ideas to redo a laundry room. :)
    Thanks for sharing at out Sunday Round Up! Can't wait to see what you have for us next weekend. Have a GREAT week!
    xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I love the simplicity! I am far too OCD to attempt to hand draw my signs! Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job, and you gotta LOVE free!! I love that is all hand done. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Maybe it will make laundry less of a chore

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cool vintage looking signs like this. So awesome and a cute idea :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!