Friday, May 4, 2012

Living Room Update Part 2

Happy Friday Everyone!

I have made couple of changes to our living room and I love the way it is coming along. I saw similar bookshelves on Pinterest and I knew that was exactly what I wanted for our living room. I will start with the after. Take a look!






Here are a couple of before pictures. I'm going all the way back here.

First up before we moved in. These are the listing pictures.


The wall that the T.V. is on had double doors going into the first bedroom and was used as a den. We put a wall up before we moved in.

This is what it looked like when we first moved in.


This was before the coffee table makeover, and the new T.V./dresser makeover, and before the front door facelift.




And the afters one more time.


I painted that hallway door a really pretty white and spray painted the door knob oil rubbed bronze. I actually painted every door in the house in the same trim. I also changed the light switch in the picture below, and added this microfiber rug under the front door.


Did you see the mounted T. V.? And most exciting are the hidden cords! Thanks to my sweetie pie boyfriend. By the way if you want to do this Alison at House of Hepworth's has a great tutorial on how to mount your t.v. and hide the cords.

Here is a link to my living room progress part 1. which shows the rest of the living room before and afters.

I still need to paint the walls and decide what I want to put over the small couch. Gallery wall, antique picture frames, a huge mirror, or artwork. Hmm, any suggestions? This room will be done after that.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

I  am linking up with:Remodelaholics
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Nice redo, Amy. I love the dresser/tv stand. It's so pretty and it really softens the room. And the rug is very pretty too. Everything you've done looks great!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tv wall looks fabulous! love the buffet and the hidden wires! :)

    great job!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and kind words!